Friday, September 19, 2008

Hello

This is going to be a quick post but thought I would update you and then next time I will send a thoughtful post in the next week. I am currently trying to survive Ramadan and it is surprisingly not as hard as I thought it would be. I had a lot of anxiety about Ramadan before it came because I was told there would be a lot of people trying to get me to become a Muslim. But, this is not the case and it is actually a spiritual experience. Two different times I have found myself getting stuck in Smimou because it is time to break fast and so there are not any taxis at this time. Anyways, twice I have broken fast with my favorite store owner and he gives me soup and dates and a pop all for free. Breaking fast with this guy has given me some of my favorite times here in Morocco.

I need to go but I will be back soon. I love you all. I am doing good though and starting to appreciate this experience.

Love Emmy

1 comment:

Don Josefson said...

Is that where the word breakfast came from, break fast? Its good to hear that you are going to survive the Ramadan season. What comes after Ramadan, is it a season for wild living? Anyways,...
How is your home coming along. Have you figured out what to do with all the space. How often do you ride your bike, you don't take it to that town you weren't s'posed to mention if my memory serves me correctly, or you wouldn't need to rely on a Taxi. Anyways,...The weather is changing in Minnesota. The solstice, when night and day, as defined by sunlight or daylight, are equal in length has come and gone and we are headed into the short days and long nights. It was 40 degrees today at 7:00 am and time to put the shorts away for another year and to get the jackets out.
Sarah Palin and O'Biden are going to debate tomorrow night so I suggest you get yourself to the chief's house and turn on the tv.