Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where is my Wallet!!!!

When I first got back life was great because I was surrounded by all my Peace Corps friends and we went on a vacation to Chefchouen.  I was still surrounded by people and snacks.  Now I am back at my site and life is hard again.  Getting back into the swing of things is not going smoothly. I had my wallet stolen today which is a major set back.  I have been pushing myself to "except the things I cannot change."  I will get back on this horse and start loving it here again but with only fifty durhams in my pocket and no food in my fridge it is hard.  I could say I am not sending this blog out for people to feel sorry for me but that would be a lie.  I need support right now.  I know I am going to be ok and life will go on without a debit card but HUH.  Tomorrow I am going to file a police report and I will talk to Peace Corps to find out what the next step is but since this happened on a Sunday there is little news today.  If any of you out there believe in God please start praying that the police will find my wallet.  I don't even care if the money is gone I just need my identity back.  I hate how important a little 3 by 5 piece of leather is.
I love you all and I will be more positive next time I log on.
Love
Emmy

1 comment:

Don Josefson said...

"Accept" not except; "except" for your wallet being stolen things would be great."And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation, some fact of my life, unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake."
Sorry for not being able to pass up this teaching moment.