Monday, November 23, 2009

I am 26!

Hello Everyone,
I just got done celebrating my 26th Birthday and I am feeling good about this new age. The only thing that makes me feel wierd about getting older is I have no idea where I will be when I have my next birthday. For all I know I could be in Afghanistan or Azerbijan? This makes me nervous that I am about to embark on a new adventure in the next year, right when I am beginning to feel comfortable. All I can do is live one day at a time and see where that takes me. I am really understanding what it means to live one day at a time and it is relieving if you can allow yourself to truly just go with it.
I had a really great birthday in Essaouira with some of my Peace Corps friends. We had a nice lunch and had a rockin dance party at the end of the night, with my amazing Bose speakers. I wish you could have all been there and I really miss you. I have been feeling home sick the last couple of days, which tends to happen on birthdays and holidays. But, I am going to push through and keep you all in my thoughts.
For Thanksgiving my friend Tim is raising a Turkey and we are going to slaughter it on Wednesday and eat her on Thursday. When in my life will I be able to do this again? I hope you all eat lots of ham for me because that is something you can't find here. Happy Thanksgiving!
Love
Emmy

1 comment:

Don Josefson said...

Your mother is in Fargo, not unlike Morocco to any self respecting Minnesotan, I'm hoping living one day at a time, one adventure at a time. She, upon talking to her last night, fully believes that hooking up her computer by herself is totally beyond her abilities. I'm sure this task, like many of your's, she will find herself capable of completing. No goal in your life is unreachable.