Monday, May 5, 2008

Bon Voyage Again...

I am leaving again tomorrow for CBT which is my first host families house where we have language. I am not excited about this because I want to stay with all of my friends and not be with a host family. I like my site host family so much better. But this is the last time. I will return next Monday.

My life here in Ouarzate consists of sitting in a conference room sweating my armpits off. I did have a day off yesterday which was amazing. I just hung out at the pool all day long. Life will not be like this for much longer. I swear in on May 19th which is the day I become an official volunteer and not a trainee anymore. Then life in Morocco really begins and I go to my site. I am terrified of this day but it is why I came here.

I love you all,
Emmy

Thank you for all the letters, they truely make my day.

3 comments:

nikki said...

emmy lou,
i need to hear your voice soon! the email that i got today left me feeling like its been far too long. i downloaded skype and as soon as i can peel away from term papers and finals i will give you a call. only this time at 4 a.m.

flees, babies and sweating your armpits off? sounds luxurious. forget the worldly experience, this mission is in your life to beat perspiration once and for all. that... is what you left for (i bet).

and a little baby nikki? i don't know, i was pretty cool at that age, hope she makes me look good. whenever your missing me or when times get tough, pick the little one up and hold her innocence. she can be a physical link for the two of us.

keep me posted with all, my heart smiles everytime i hear from you.

love you!

Anonymous said...

Emmy,
I can't believe all of the things you are getting to experience in Moracco....amazing! I mean delivering babies?!?!? That is awesome...or at least to me sense that is what I am going to school to do! I hope you have a good experience with that. I was a little nervous the first time I sat in on a delivery but it truely is a miracle...one that you will get to be a part of now. My advice to you is don't lock your knees and make sure you eat something. I've seen a few proud dad's get a little weak when they haven't eaten anything all day.
Best of luck in your new adventures!
love you!

Don Josefson said...

What has become of you. Talked to Emmy on the phone last night, early morning her time. She was back in Quarzazate. Was expecting a blog today, but apparently the Moroccan Taliban has raised it's head for the first time. Next Georgie will be sending Turkish troops over there to take back Western Sahara for the Kurds in Irag so he can establish a United States of Islamic Ferocity and leave a legacy of unsurpassed nation building or, as Lou Reed says, "You need a busload of faith to get by"