Sunday, May 18, 2008

The time has come....

Tomorrow I will swear in and become an official Peace Corps Volunteer. This is very exciting because now I get to finally do what I have come here to do, help people. Granted I wont be doing anything besides learning the language and my community for the first six months but someday I have hopes of doing something to change atleast one persons life. I have turned a new leaf and left my fear of going to my new site behind me. I forgot my mantra of taking one day at a time and that today prepares me for tomorrow. I need to stop looking at my service as two years as a whole. Dont get me wrong I am still scared but I will survive this.

I love you all and will keep you all informed, it is time for me to go and hang out with all of my new pals for one last night. I will be arriving in my site on the 21st if the workers strike doesnt shut down transportation, inshallah.

Love Emmy

4 comments:

Sachel C. Josefson said...

Well a new adventure begins!!! I think that what you are doing is amazing event though it is a little weird. Is your address differant and have you learned the language?

Love ya,

Sachel C. Josefson

Sachel C. Josefson said...

Well a new adventure begins!!! I think that what you are doing is amazing even though it is a little weird. Is your address differant and have you learned the language?

Love ya,

Sachel C. Josefson

Don Josefson said...

I found you. I went on Google Earth and I found you; sitting on a cliff looking at a fabulous scene. The sun was setting in the West away from the Ocean.

Have you begun to adjust. How long til you can get your own place and a donkey. There are a lot of wonderful places to investigate near you - near being 8 to 10 mile - but one needs a donkey for that kind of travel. I s'pose a bicycle would work, but not much companionship

I made a comment last week when Hillary won Kentucky and Barak won Oregon, but it didn't go through. Everyone has begun to discount Hillary entirely, pretty much ignoring her continued efforts to win the nomination. Perhaps she should seek out some sniper fire to get some attention. Maybe a NRA convention somewhere or at least a gun show.
Keep your head up and never look past the miracle that you are there at all. Certainly you are not forgotten.

Don Josefson said...

I now have Kathleen to add to my list of peace corp volunteers in Morocco. Know her, Em?