Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Journey Continues

The Pease Corps is a funny thing right when you start feeling comfortable with your surroundings they uproot you and send you somewhere new. The moto I have been hearing about from the beginnning of this process is be flexible and patient; easier said then done. This week we finally found out our Community traing groups; these are the people that will be staying in the same village with me learning the same language. I will b learning Tashlheet which is as useful as learning Navajo when people still spoke Navajo. 60 percent of Moroccans are Berber which is like indian. The Berbers didnt get whipped out like our Indians did; I think it is because they are so maliable, in the last 100 years th Berbers have prqcticed three different religions but still speak there own languge.

Dad to answer your questions I am about to go to my host families house for the first time, where I will be eating with ,y hands out of a dish with a chunk of goat. To prepare myself I have been taking deep breathes. I know I will be ok but I will admit I am terrified of the food situation here.

I will be able to get a tutor for Arabic so all is not lost.

I am growing strength and confidence everyday.

I love you all
Emmy

1 comment:

Sachel C. Josefson said...

Good to hear that you are scared. You need that!!! As my favorite Muhammad said (ALI) "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."