Monday, March 10, 2008

Today prepares me for tomorrow

Hello everyone that is if anyone reads this blog.
I am going to take the time to explain what my past week has been like. I started in Philly sleeping in a nice bed and all the American things I love - pizza; beer; and new friends. Then I flew to Rabat for training still having my new friends but leaving the pizza and beer behind. Rabat is a crazy city and very chaotic but on the Atlantic and the coast is amazing. Now I a, living in Ouarzazate where Kingdom of Heaven and Babel were filmed. I love it here it is not as chaotic as Rabat.
Training and vaccines are a large componenet of my life right now; which I am enjoying because as I said today is preparing ,e for tomorrow. When I start thinking about what ,y life will be like in the future I start to freak out and become overwhelmed. The Peace Corps does a great job at training you for what is to come.
The food is not that bad and the peopel are great; not as scary as the world make Muslims out to be. It is hot here I know you are all jealous; those of you who live in MN, but I will miss the MN summers.
I love you all and would love to hear from you. Please print this out for Grandma Josefson; give her a hug for me too.

Love
Emmy

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

emmy! i'm glad you're safe and are learning so many new things. it's midterm week for me so as soon all my tests are done i will be writing you a letter! be safe and i love you!

Don Josefson said...

What is the host family like? In the movie Babel when the goat herder family, 5 of them, sit around the table with a big plate of goat meat, and assorted, unnamable vegetables in the plate, I think of you and wonder how the Peace Corp can prepare you for that??? The countryside looks desolate and all the homes are terraced into the cliffs. What is the home like???

Sachel C. Josefson said...

Well I am watching Babel right now and it seems really beautiful. Well Kari And I got engaged looks like your comiong home. Are you learning anything?