Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Life

Hello everyone
I have just returned from spending one week with a host family learing tashelheet and learning how real Moroccans live. It has been a shocking experience to say the least. My host family consists of four daughters and three sons living in a house smaller than Sachels. They all sleep on the floor together and then I go my own room; thank God. My family is so nice they even make sure that I get the good piece of meet out of the community bowl that we eat out of with our hands. My fa,ily weaves rugs which is really cool. Dad I found our connection.

Walking around my village you would think that I was Juliq Roberts because everyone stops everything in order to stare. All the neighbors come over to my house to meet me I have no idea what they are saying but I just go with it.

The hardest thing to get used to is the Turkish toilets or the lack of toilet.

for the week while I was at my host families I would normally have languqge class for nine hours a day. We did have one day off to spend with our host families, which was more like wokring overtime than really having a day off. it was the prophet Mohammeds birthday and we ate all day long. I also went out to the Almond feilds with two of my sisters and it was so beatiful. We practiced vocab, it was one of the longest days of my life.

We have the day off today thank God. We have been working for the last forteen days without a break. Since it is Easter I went to church which was really cool even though it was in French and I didnt understand a thing. I have been homesick the last couple of days and would love everyone to send me letters. i am missing the mashed potatoes and gravy and ham. There is a lack of ham here in Morocco; I guess Muslims dont eat that stuff.

Tomorrow we start training again which means ten hours of information classes. This weekend I am going on a field trip to visit a current volunteer so we can get more of an idea of what we do.

I love you all and would really enjoy some letters in the mail and if you are feeling extra friendly you could burn me some cds.

Peace from the East
Emmy

Happy Easter. Stuff yourselves for me because I am getting sick of Paprika already and I have only been here for three weeks.

Once again I love you all so much.

No comments: