Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reinvigorated

Thank you everyone for your post they made me smile and laugh out loud in this Moroccan cyber cafe I am currently sitting in.

I make myself laugh because after I wrote my previous blog I returned to my hotel and no one was there and most of you think I would have been elated to finally get that alone time I claimed to be yearning for. Well the opposite thing happened I sat down and started to text all of my friends asking them where they were and didnt know what in the world to do with myself. I am doing great and disregard all that was said in that post.

On Sunday I had a day off and went to a Hamam which is a bathing house it is hard to explain but is was pretty cool until a couple of globs of hair passed me by and we all know how much I hate hair. But as with everything I told myself to suck it up and pretend it doesnt exist.

I have been training for the past couple of days on water stuff and today we talked about toilets or the lack there of. For part of it we had a squatty potty carnival with games and I won the game called drop the durham in the whole. I will explain I had to put a durham which is like a quarter between my butt cheeks and drop the durham in the little hole in the squatty potty - everyone cheered, I love that this is the highlight of my life right now.

I am leaving for my language town tomorrow and will return on next Wednesday. I will update you all about my life. I finally find out my site on the 25th which is all I think about these days.

I love you all and I am in great spirits these days.
Love
Emmy
Nikki I need your address again

6 comments:

Yossarian said...

Talked to Emmy yesterday...all seems well.

Unknown said...

You're working out...morrocan style! Squeeze those butt cheeks!!!

Don Josefson said...

Emmy called today, Sunday, April 20
She said her "family" was watching her as if she were a "zebra in a zoo" as she talked on her cell phone. She described the house she is living in for me. The house has outside walls of clay and then about 10 feet inside another wall, inside of this perimeter is the courtyard or open area, kinda like the Alamo or a fort. You leave the rooms into the courtyard and then enter another room from the courtyard. The entire house, including the barn in which the family keeps their 3 goats, 2 cows, and 1 donkey, is about as big as "the main floor of Paul's house" about 30' X 52'. Emmy had just returned from a walk "in the fields" which are the olive trees, the almond trees, and the grass fields. Emmy stated that her placement will be either in the desert in the South, on the Coast somewhere below (south of)Casablanca and above the Western Sahara, another country which Morocco took over some years back, or in the mountains. She would like the coast, but then so would all of the trainees. She is anxious to get to the nuts and bolts of her stay in Morocco and becoming bored with the training part, but otherwise very cheerful and positive.

Sachel C. Josefson said...

(This is Kari)
I'm glad that you are learning such invigorating games :)Sounds very entertaining. Maybe that's a game we should play at mine and Sach's wedding...I'm sure we'd get quite the response.
Sounds like you are doing wonderful. I can't wait to find out where you are going to get placed. Let us all know ASAP.

Sachel C. Josefson said...

Have you gotten your donkey yet??

nikki said...

seriously now, a simple game of butt quarters actually worked that kind of reinvigorating magic on you? or was it because it was a victorious game of butt quarters? hmm (or in other words, weird)... you should fill me in, i must know details.

p.s. my address is in your inbox.

love and spirits!